LBQ womxn convening
On August of 2018 , a convening of Lesbian,Bisexual & Queer persons was held to discuss on issues affecting LBQ persons overall the country with an aim of forming a systemic approach to dealing with LBQ specific issues.
Some of the overall Objectives of the Convening were;
1. Identifying, prioritising and consensus building on the critical needs of LBQ womxn in
2. Building organisational capacities of LBQ womxn on identified capacity gaps;
3. Developing practical skills on personal development and empowerment for LBQ womxn;
4. Integrating self-care and wellness as a central piece of organising and activism;
5. Developing an LBQ Action Plan for defining the next steps for collectively moving
After rigorous debating and analyzing of different approaches to the earlier outlined issues, the following was attained;
An Action Plan for LBQ organising;
A strengthened capacity building of individuals and activists;
A formal structured proposed system of Overseeing LBQ issues.